2006-10-15

ESSAY 2 KUMAMOTO☆


I think there are many wonderful places in Kumamoto. I have been living in Kumamoto since I was born. But in Kumamoto, there are many places I don't know. A lot of nature, Mt. Aso, Kuma riv., Hot Spring and so on. Then, I recommend Kumamoto castle from them.

Kumamoto castle is one of the favorite castles in Japan. In 1588, Kumamoto castle was built by the order of Kato Kiyomasa as Higo lord. It started to build it in 1601, and it was completed in 1607. The feature of Kumamoto castle is "Musya-kaeshi" . This is very big stone wall. "Musya-kaeshi" is a beautiful curvilinear wall. This is so famous.
The now Kumamoto castle tower is reconstructed by Kumamoto city in 1960.

I like a imposing Kumamoto castle. And there are many other places in Kumamoto. I think you have to go sightseeing in Kumamoto you don't know!!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Thanks for telling us these details about Kumamoto Castle. BTW, do you like the mushagaeshi snack?

Miike said...

I like Kumamoto castle. But,I have never been to Kumamoto castle.